Grandma's Never Fail Pie Crust
How to Make Grandma's Never Fail Pie Crust
- 1Mix flour , salt and Crisco shortening together to make a crumb mixture.
- 2Beat all the wet ingredients well together and add to the crumb mixture ; blend to form a ball ; then divide and roll out to 2 pie crusts.
- 3You can follow any pie recipe that you are gonna be using but if you want to pre-bake the crust, after you have formed your pie dish with the crust then freeze the crust for at least 30 minutes or until chilled. This will prevent the crust from slip down the sides.
- 4Preheat your oven to 350°F. After the pie crust has been chilled then line the pie crust with parchment paper or wax paper. Fill at least two-thirds full with pie weights - dry beans, rice, or stainless-steel pie weights.
- 5Bake with weights in the pie for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool a few minutes and carefully remove pie weights. Poke small holes in the bottom of the pie crust with a fork and return to oven (without the weights) and cook for another 10 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- 6Cool completely before filling.
- 7NOTE : You may need to cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil or a crust shield if your going to be putting a filled pie back in the oven to keep the edges from getting too dried out and burnt.