Grandma's Favorite Sweet Potato Pie
This pie is not just for the holidays, it is also good for a family get together or potluck.
- 1 1/4 c
- mashed sweet potato (canned is okay)
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- instant vanilla pudding
- 2 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 9" unbaked pastry shell (variation: it is tasty with a graham cracker pie shell if you don't have the unbaked pastry shell)
How to Make Grandma's Favorite Sweet Potato Pie
- 1Preheat over to 450 degrees
- 2In a large bowl of an electric mixer combine the first 8 ingredients. Beat at a medium speed until well blended. Spread evenly into pie shell.
- 3Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 4Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40 minutes longer until set.
- 5Cool on wire rack.
- 6If desired, as once cool, garnish with whipped cream. Enjoy!