Grandma's Favorite Sweet Potato Pie
This pie is not just for the holidays, it is also good for a family get together or potluck.
1 1/4 cmashed sweet potato (canned is okay)
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 cinstant vanilla pudding
2 largeeggs, room temperature
1 1/2 Tbspvanilla extract
19" unbaked pastry shell (variation: it is tasty with a graham cracker pie shell if you don't have the unbaked pastry shell)
How to Make Grandma's Favorite Sweet Potato Pie
- Preheat over to 450 degrees
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer combine the first 8 ingredients. Beat at a medium speed until well blended. Spread evenly into pie shell.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40 minutes longer until set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- If desired, as once cool, garnish with whipped cream. Enjoy!