- 1 qt
- fresh strawberries, sliced (save a few whole ones for garnish)
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- water, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- drops of red food coloring (optional)
- keebler deep-dish shortbread pie crust
How to Make GRANDMA SENTLE'S FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
- 1In medium sauce pan, over medium-low heat, add 2/3 cup sliced strawberries, 2/3 cup water and optional red food coloring (I don't use the food coloring). Simmer for three minutes.
- 2In a small bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and 1/3 cup COLD water. Blend until smooth.
- 3Add to hot mixture and cook until thick, stirring constantly. Cool completely.
- 4Place remaining sliced, uncooked strawberries in pie crust. Cover with cooked strawberry mixture and garnish with whipped cream and whole strawberries just before serving.