Grandma Lil's Crumb Topped Apple Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
19-inch unbaked pie crust
2 cmedium sized granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 csour cream
1/4 call-purpose flour
3/4 cshredded longhorn cheddar cheese
1/3 cbrown sugar
How to Make Grandma Lil's Crumb Topped Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter. Add sour cream, flour, salt,vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in sliced apples and cheese. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking, mix ingredients for crumb topping until crumbly: 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 4 tablespoons butter.
- Remove pie from oven. Sprinkle crumb toppping over pie and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool pie completely before serving. Refrigerate any left overs.