Grandma Lil's Crumb Topped Apple Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 2 c
- medium sized granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c
- shredded longhorn cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- 4 Tbsp
How to Make Grandma Lil's Crumb Topped Apple Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cream sugar and butter. Add sour cream, flour, salt,vanilla and eggs.
- 3Stir in sliced apples and cheese. Pour into pie shell.
- 4Bake for 30 minutes.
- 5While pie is baking, mix ingredients for crumb topping until crumbly: 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 4 tablespoons butter.
- 6Remove pie from oven. Sprinkle crumb toppping over pie and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool pie completely before serving. Refrigerate any left overs.