How to Make Grandma Gwyn's Chocolate Pie
- 1Beat egg yolks; add sugar and cocoa.
- 2Add corn starch and blend. Add butter, then milk.
- 3Mix well. Divide and pour into unbaked pie shells. Pie and crust bake at the same time.
- 4Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes then finish at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- 5Use the egg whites to make meringue - add 2 tsp of sugar to egg whites and use mixer to whip.
- 6After pies have been baked and cooled for 5 minutes, add meringue. Place pies back in oven until meringue is lightly browned.