How to Make Grammy's Easy Homemade Pie Shell
- 1Mix together the flour and salt and set aside in a bowl.
- 2Pour the oil and cold milk into measuring cup and do NOT mix or stir.
- 3Pour liquid into flour mixture all at once and stir until mixed. Press with hands into a smooth ball and flatten slightly. Place between two sheets of waxed paper 12 inches square. Slightly dampen tabletop will keep waxed paper from slipping.
- 4Roll out gently until circle reaches the edge of paper. If any tears appear, place scrap piece over tear and press. Pull off top wax paper and place shell down, paper up into a pie plate.
- 5Slowly peel off paper and gently ease and fit pastry into pan. If filling with no bake filling,build fluted edge and prick bottom of shell with a fork and bake at 475 for 8 to 10 minutes. If using raw shell to bake a pie, follow directions from your recipe on bake degrees/time. Note: this can easily be frozen and used later! Enjoy...