grace's apple/pear pie
- 2 pastry ready made pie crusts
- 3 granny smiths apples peeled and cored and sliced
- 3 pears peeled cored and sliced
- 1 cup plus 1 teasp sugar
- 1 teasp. lemon juice
- 1 teasp cinnamon
- 1/4 teasp nutmeg
- 3 tablesp butter
- 1 teasp whole milk
How to Make grace's apple/pear pie
- 1pre-heat oven 350. line a pie dish with 1 pastry pie crust. trim 1 inch beyond pie dish.
- 2in large bowl combine pears and apples an spices 1 cup sugar and lemon juice.
- 3combine well. transfer to pie dish. dot with butter.
- 4roll out 2 pie crust to fit top of pie. cut slits in top pie crust or small decorative cuts outs
- 5place over top of pie filling trim, seal and flute edges, add decorative cut outs now.
- 6brush with milk and sprinkle 1 teasp sugar over pie crust.
- 7cover edges loosely with foil. bake at 350 for 30 mins and remove foil and cook another 20-30 mins til nice and golden brown.
- 8cool on wire rack