grace's apple/pear pie
·2 pastry ready made pie crusts
·3 granny smiths apples peeled and cored and sliced
·3 pears peeled cored and sliced
·1 cup plus 1 teasp sugar
·1 teasp. lemon juice
·1 teasp cinnamon
·1/4 teasp nutmeg
·3 tablesp butter
·1 teasp whole milk
How to Make grace's apple/pear pie
- pre-heat oven 350. line a pie dish with 1 pastry pie crust. trim 1 inch beyond pie dish.
- in large bowl combine pears and apples an spices 1 cup sugar and lemon juice.
- combine well. transfer to pie dish. dot with butter.
- roll out 2 pie crust to fit top of pie. cut slits in top pie crust or small decorative cuts outs
- place over top of pie filling trim, seal and flute edges, add decorative cut outs now.
- brush with milk and sprinkle 1 teasp sugar over pie crust.
- cover edges loosely with foil. bake at 350 for 30 mins and remove foil and cook another 20-30 mins til nice and golden brown.
- cool on wire rack