Glenna's Buttermilk Pie
Even my hubby loves this one. Can be served with a fresh fruit topping, if desired.
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- brown sugar, light, firmly packed
- 3 Tbsp
- eggs, beaten
- 1 stick
- butter, melted (do not use margarine)
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 c
- deep dish pie shells
How to Make Glenna's Buttermilk Pie
- 1Mix the sugar and flour together. Add the beaten eggs and melted butter; beat well.
- 2Add the buttermilk, nutmeg and vanilla; mix well, then pour into the pie shells.
- 3Bake at 375°F for 40-50 minutes or until pie tests done (it should not be jiggly). The tops should be crunchy and browned.
Cut into 8 slices per pie (it's a rich taste, a little goes a long way).
- 4Top slices with seasonal fresh fruit, I like to use a mix of berries in the Summer.
In Fall, a quick apple sauté from diced granny smith apples, butter and a touch of brown sugar makes a nice topping.