How to Make Glazed Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1Mash 1 pint of the strawberries, using a fork, and set aside.
- 2Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a 3 quart sauce pan.
- 3Stir in the water and mashed berries.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil, then cook 2 minutes longer.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the food coloring.
- 6Cool to room temperature.
- 7Fold in the remaining 2 pints of strawberries and turn into the baked pie shell.
- 8Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- 9To serve, top with puffs of sweetened whipped cream.