ginger lemon blueberry pie
- 1 box pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to Make ginger lemon blueberry pie
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface. Sprinkle top of crust with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the sugar. With rolling pin, roll crust lightly to coat with sugar. Continue to make pie crust, sugared side up, as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- 2In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Brush top crust with half-and-half; sprinkle with remaining 4 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
- 3Place foil or cookie sheet on oven rack below middle rack to catch any spills. Place pie on middle oven rack; bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Cool at least 2 hours before serving. Serve warm or cold.