german chocolate pir
4 ozpackage german chocolate
1 1/2 cevaporated milk
1 1/2 csugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 ccoconut, flaked, divided
1 cchopped pecans, divided
1deep dish pie shell
How to Make german chocolate pir
- Melt chocolate with butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in evaporated milk.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and eggs. Add the sugar mixture to the melted chocolate.
- Stir in 1 cup of the coconut and 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into the pie shell that has been placed on a cookie sheet. The cookie sheet will help the pie cook more evenly and prevent spill overs.
- Sprinkle the top of the filling with the remaining 1/2 cup coconut and remaining 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Place in a 350 oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top puffs and just starts to brown and crack a little. Allow to cool for at least 3 hours before serving.