·for the crust
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 cbutter, unsalted cold cut into cubes
2-4 Tbspwater, cold
·for the filling
1 chalf and half
1/4 cunsalted butter
8 ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/4 csugar
3/4 ccocoa powder
1/4 call purpose flour
How to Make Fudge Pie
- For the crust, mix together flour sugar and salt.
- Add cubes of cold butter and mix with a fork until it starts to look like coarse meal.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time until dough forms ball.
- wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for two hours
- preheat oven to 350*
- after dough has chilled , roll out on a lightly floured work surface to about 1/8 inch.
- transfer to pie plate and crimp the edges.
- In a bowl mix together sugar, cocoa powder and salt. set aside
- In a sauce pan combine half and half, butter and chocolate over med to med low heat until smooth. Set aside to cool
- Let it cool slightly before pouring it over the dry ingredient and eggs. Stir well to combine
- pour into the pie crust and bake 40-45 minutes. The center will be set and the sides should be just starting to crack a little
- Cool at least 30-40 minutes before serving.