Frozen Strawberry Pies
The recipe comes from my June/July TOH magazine.
I like to serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh strawberry on top. These can be made ahead, that's what I like about them, other than the fact they are refreshing and delicious.. especially on a hot summer day.
- 1 - 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 4 c
- chopped fresh strawberries
- carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans, toasted
- chocolate crumb crusts (9 inches)
How to Make Frozen Strawberry Pies
- 1In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped topping and pecans. Pour into crusts.
- 2Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.