2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 can(s)pie filling,your choice ,may be the pudding style
·sugar glaze,powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar
How to Make Fried Pies
- Sift dry igredients into a bowl,then cut in shortening.
- Add milk gradually,
- Press into a ball.Roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds or rectangles or squares,in size desired. When filled & folded over you will get half moons or squares or triangles.
- Place 2 Tablespoons or so in center,moisten edges with water. Fold over and seal edges with tines of a fork.
- Deep fry at 350* until golden brown.Drain on paper towel and glaze or dust with cinnamon or powdered sugar.
- Cool well before storing in an air tight container in fridge.