- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- 1 can(s)
- pie filling,your choice ,may be the pudding style
- sugar glaze,powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar
How to Make Fried Pies
- 1Sift dry igredients into a bowl,then cut in shortening.
- 2Add milk gradually,
- 3Press into a ball.Roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- 4Cut into rounds or rectangles or squares,in size desired. When filled & folded over you will get half moons or squares or triangles.
- 5Place 2 Tablespoons or so in center,moisten edges with water. Fold over and seal edges with tines of a fork.
- 6Deep fry at 350* until golden brown.Drain on paper towel and glaze or dust with cinnamon or powdered sugar.
- 7Cool well before storing in an air tight container in fridge.