Fresh Tropical Fruit No-Bake Pie
You only bake the pie crust. I use the Never-Fail Pie Crust recipe (posted with my recipes). You can use any prepared crust.
Use fresh, raw fruit. I am also going to try it with different fruits. I bet some of you have good ideas too!
- prepared, baked pie crust
- 1 1/2 c
- apricot nectar (you can use any canned nectar)
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 8 Tbsp
- splenda (reserve 4 tablespoons for whipped cream.) -can use sugar or honey for glaze.
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2/3 c
- fresh mango, cubed
- 1/3 c
- papaya, cubed
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 c
- moist coconut
- 1/2 c
- chopped nuts
How to Make Fresh Tropical Fruit No-Bake Pie
- 1Prepare one cooked 9-inch pie shell using packaged pie crust, or your favorite recipe for crust.
- 2In a 2-quart saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups Apricot Nectar to the boiling point (You could use Guava or any Nectar).
Cool to room temperature.
- 3Dissolve: 4 tablespoons Cornstarch in 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice; add 4 tablespoons Splenda (can use Sugar or Honey) and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add to saucepan with the nectar, and cook until thick and clear (Don’t walk away –it thickens fast.); cool slightly.
- 4Add 2 cups chopped or diced fresh fruit. I used a combination of fresh pineapple, mango and papaya. You could use any combination that you like or just one fruit.
- 5Spoon into baked pie shell. Chill.
- 6Spread 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped with 4 tablespoons Splenda(Can use Sugar)on top of chilled pie.
- 7Lightly distribute 1/2 cup moist coconut mixed with 1/2 cup chopped nuts over the top (I used peanuts, but I figure depending on the fruit you use, you can use different nuts and with or without the coconut.).
- 8Enjoy. Please let me know if you make this pie -and also if you use different fruits. I think it would be nice to try different fresh fruits -peaches, oranges, strawberries???
Here is a picture of the pie along with a pound cake he probably shouldn't have had but wanted. Hey, it was his birthday, comes only once a year and I am not his Mama. It was good too. Smile!!