Fresh Strawberry Cream Pie
Angela (Grammy) Derby
- 1 9"
- pie crust (may be homemade or store-bought)
- bake as directed; let cool before filling.
- 2 (16oz.)
- containers of fresh strawberries
- while crust is baking, wash strawberries, let drain; hull and slice.
- 1 (8oz.) pkg
- cream cheese
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 c
- white granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- pinch of salt
- 1 (3oz.) box
- strawberry gelatin
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- milk chocolate chips
CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in sugar and vanilla.
- 3Fold cream cheese mixture into the beaten heavy whipped cream. until evenly combined;
spoon into cooled pie crust. Refrigerate before continuing.
- 4In a medium saucepan, whisk the water, sugar, corn starch, and salt; bring to a boil and continue stirring until thickened. About 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in strawberry gelatin.
- 5Add the sliced strawberries and stir gently until all are coated with the glaze. Gently pour over cream cheese filling.
- 6Melt 1 Tbsp. shortening and ½ cup chocolate chips in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until set; and keep leftovers in the fridge. (If you have any!)