Fresh Sour Cherry Pie
How to Make Fresh Sour Cherry Pie
- 1Mix the Sugars, Salt, Cinnamon, and Tapioca together.
- 2Put half of the Pitted Cherries on the bottom of an (uncooked) pie crust.
- 3Top Cherries with half of the Sugar mixture. Spread Sugar mixture around evenly over Cherries.
- 4Evenly dot with pieces of the Butter. Add remaining Cherries and top with remaining Sugar mixture. Be sure to spread sugar mixture evenly over cherries.
- 5Top Cherrie Filling with (uncooked) pie crust. Finish pie crust edge. Sprinkle sugar over top crust. Cut slits in top crust. Put aluminum foil around edges.
Bake in 400°F oven for 1 hour. Remove foil from edges and cook longer if edges need to be more golden brown.
- 6I cover a large pizza pan with aluminum foil and then put pie on the pan to bake. This will keep the pie juices from dripping on the bottom of the oven.