Fresh Raspberry Pie
How to Make Fresh Raspberry Pie
- Preheat oven to 400* Combine sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest in a small bowl, stir to mix.
- Add lemon juice to the berries. Pour sugar mixture over berries and GENTLY stir.
- Pour berries into unbaked pie shell, dot with the tablespoon of butter.
- Place crust on top and make slits to let steam vent. Brush the top with a little milk or cream and sprinkle with sugar. I place a ring around mine to keep the edges from burning. Or you can use foil to cover edges. With either one, I would spray the side touching the crust with Pam to keep it from sticking to the crust because of the milk you brush on. I have forgotten to do this a couple times and it always sticks if I don't.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350* and bake another 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven. Mine usually takes 30 minutes and then I turn off my oven and let it sit about 5 minutes. Let sit several hours for the juices to soak up.