Fresh Peach Pie, Grandma's Recipe
And it was always served warm, with ice cream.
If we were very lucky it was homemade ice cream, too!
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 4-5 c
- ripe fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp
- cold butter, cut into small bits
- pie crust for double crust pie
- 1 tsp
- large grain decorating sugar or regular sugar for top of pie
How to Make Fresh Peach Pie, Grandma's Recipe
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix white sugar, brown sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a large bowl. Add peaches, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss well. Pile fruit onto 9 or 10 inch pastry lined pie pan. Scatter bits of butter over fruit.
- 2Roll out remaining half of dough for top crust and drape over pie. Trim away excess dough around edges, but leave enough to tuck under top of pie pan edge. Crimp edges and cut several vents in top.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon decorating sugar or regular sugar on top of pie crust. Cover edges of pie crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent over darkening during baking (optional).
- 3Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees, and bake until juices bubble around edges on top of pie and crust is lightly browned, about 40 minutes more.
Serve warm with ice cream.