Fresh Peach Pie, Grandma's Recipe
And it was always served warm, with ice cream.
If we were very lucky it was homemade ice cream, too!
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 4-5 c
- ripe fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp
- cold butter, cut into small bits
- pie crust for double crust pie
- 1 tsp
- large grain decorating sugar or regular sugar for top of pie
Mix white sugar, brown sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a large bowl. Add peaches, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss well. Pile fruit onto 9 or 10 inch pastry lined pie pan. Scatter bits of butter over fruit.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon decorating sugar or regular sugar on top of pie crust. Cover edges of pie crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent over darkening during baking (optional).
Serve warm with ice cream.