- taken from a california recipe box.
- 6 egg whites, beaten real stiff - till foamy
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- beat in 1 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- beat at least 10 minutes in all.
How to Make Forgotten Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread in a 9 x 13 inch buttered pan. Put in oven and turn off heat. Do not open until next morning.
- 2Then spread with Dezerta. (This is what she wrote on the card, I do not know what it is.)
"When serving, spoon on peaches, frozen peaches are best." she wrote.