Foolproof Double-Crust Pie Dough-Connie
2 1/2 call purpose flour
12 Tbspunsalted butter cut into 1/4 inch cubes and chilled (1 1/2 sticks)
1/2 cvegetable shortening, cut into 4 pieces and chilled
1/4 cvodka, chilled
1/4 cice water
How to Make Foolproof Double-Crust Pie Dough-Connie
- Process 1 and 1/2 cups of flour, sugar,m and salt together in a food processor until combined.
- Scatter butter and shortening over the top of flour mixture and continue to process until incorporated and the mixture begins to form uneven clumps with no remaining floury bits, about 15 seconds.,
- Scrape down the workbowl and redistribute the dough evenly around the processor blade.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup flour over the dough and pulse until the mixture has broken up into pieces and is evenly distributed distributed around the bowl, 4-6 pulses.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle the vodka and water over the mixture.
- Stir and press the dough together, using a stiff rubber spatula, until the dough sticks together.
- Divide dough into 2 even pieces.
- Turn each piece of dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap and flatten each into a 4 inch disc. Wrap each piece tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before rolling the dough out, let it sit on the counter to soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
- To Make Ahead: The dough, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 1 month. If frozen, let the dough thaw completely on the counter before rolling out.
- The alcohol vaporizes in the oven:)