FOOL PROOF PIE CRUST
Mary Lou Ellis1
How to Make FOOL PROOF PIE CRUST
- 1Process 1 1/2 cup flour, salt and sugar in food processor in short pulses to combine.
- 2Add cold butter and shortening and pulse until a sticky dough starts to form and collects in uneven clumps. 15 seconds. (dough may resemble cottage cheese) Scrape bowl down and get all dough around the blade.
- 3Add last cup of flour. and process for 5-6 pulses. Empty into med bowl.
- 4Sprinkle wirh cold water and vodka. Using a spatula fold over until dough is a little tacky and sticks together. Divide in half and flatten each into a 4 " disk. Wrap in plactic wrap and refridgerate for at leat 45 minutes (or upto 2 days) before rolling out.
- 5Use for your favorite pie recipes. Enjoy