How to Make Fool Proof Coconut Cream Pie
- 1set up a double boiler
- 2to the double boiler add the first three ingredients, cream of coconut, marshmellows, and milk. Melt together. Mixture may be foamy.
- 3Add 2 cups of coconut to the now melted mixture. Place mixture in the fridge until cool.
- 4While the mixture is cooling, toast the remaining coconut on a cookie sheet in the oven, 375 degrees. Watch closely. Once it starts to turn golden brown, take it out! It will burn quickly!
- 5Take the cooled mixture out of the fridge and stir. Fold in the 2 cups of whipped heavy cream (stiff), until completely incorporated. Put completed mixture into the pie shell. (there may be some left over)
- 6Top with toasted coconut. Chill at least 6 hours.