Lighter Fluffy Lemon Lime Pie
I tried to cut down on the sugar by altering the original recipe that I found somewhere online.
It would be good with other flavors of Jello! I used sugar free and cut the sugar back as well.
I would love to experiment even further with using Splenda or Diet Sprite or 7-Up to serve as a sweetener instead of sugar and/or water. Use Sugar Free Cool Whip and crust and you cut the sugar even further.
Having one pie crust, I poured extra filling into little parfait dishes!
- 1 small
- box of sugar free lime jello (3 oz)
- 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk (12 oz) chilled
- 1/4 c
- fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- graham cracker crusts
How to Make Lighter Fluffy Lemon Lime Pie
- 1Pour the boiling water into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin until dissolved. Set aside.
- 2Beat the chilled evaporated milk in a mixer bowl until stiff. Add the lemon juice and sugar; continue beating. Stir in the gelatin mixture and blend thoroughly.
- 3Pour into crusts (or parfait dishes if you don't wish to use crust) and chill in fridge for at least one hour, preferably overnight until set.