Flaky Pie Crust
Well, I threw that myth out the window when I found this pie crust recipe. :o)
I found this recipe in a magazine and it was from a lady from my hometown. I found where she lived and went to visit her. She has passed away now, but I have used this wonderful recipe since 1995 and have thrown away all of my other pie crust recipes I have ever owned.
How to Make Flaky Pie Crust
- Place first 3 ingredients in a deep mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy and liquid is incorporated into mixture.
- Mix flour, salt and sugar; together and add to wet mixture. Beat at lowest speed until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide dough in half; shape into balls, wrap in plastic and chill at least 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and roll between two pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap.
• This crust is so easy to patch when you find that you need to add a little more dough somewhere else in your pie pan. It blends so well.
• The recipe calls to leave it in the fridge at least 2 hours, but so many times I am in a hurry and I do well if I leave it in the fridge a half an hour. My pie crusts still work well.
(Great for Chicken Pot Pies too)