Flakey buttery PIE CRUST
Will have pictures up very soon!
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- butter flavored crisco (works best! and needs to be very cold)
- 1 1/2 stick
- unsalted butter (needs to be very cold also)
- 8-9 Tbsp
- ice water
- *makes 2 10-inch round pie crusts*
How to Make Flakey buttery PIE CRUST
- 1Slice and cube butter and place back in the fridge to keep cold.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and crisco. Use a pastry cutter to mix and cut the crisco with.
- 3Add the butter and continue using the pastry cutter until pea sized balls form.
- 4By 2tbsp. at a time, add the ice water. I use a spoon to stir in between each addition of water.
- 5Once all the water has been added, use your hands to kneed through the dough making one giant ball of dough (or 2 even balls of dough).
- 6You may need to add a little water to the outside of the dough where you see crack. The water helps smooth the cracks over.
- 7Lightly flour the dough and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 8Refrigerate atleast 30mins. before rolling out dough. Or up to 1 week.
- 9Once rolled out and inserted into pie plate, using a fork, poke various holes on the bottom.
- 10Bake 350 degrees for 10mins