Flakey buttery PIE CRUST
Will have pictures up very soon!
3 call purpose flour
1/3 cbutter flavored crisco (works best! and needs to be very cold)
1 1/2 stickunsalted butter (needs to be very cold also)
8-9 Tbspice water
·*makes 2 10-inch round pie crusts*
How to Make Flakey buttery PIE CRUST
- Slice and cube butter and place back in the fridge to keep cold.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and crisco. Use a pastry cutter to mix and cut the crisco with.
- Add the butter and continue using the pastry cutter until pea sized balls form.
- By 2tbsp. at a time, add the ice water. I use a spoon to stir in between each addition of water.
- Once all the water has been added, use your hands to kneed through the dough making one giant ball of dough (or 2 even balls of dough).
- You may need to add a little water to the outside of the dough where you see crack. The water helps smooth the cracks over.
- Lightly flour the dough and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate atleast 30mins. before rolling out dough. Or up to 1 week.
- Once rolled out and inserted into pie plate, using a fork, poke various holes on the bottom.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10mins