Favorite Lemon Icebox Pie
- 1 1/2 c
- vanilla wafers, crushed fine (about 30 wafers) may use ready made graham cracker or vanilla wafer crust, instead of making wafer crust
- 1/4-1/3 c
- butter, melted
- vanilla wafers cookies
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 c
- lemon juice
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 c
- jet-puffed marshmallows
- 4 oz
- whipped topping, thawed (1/2 tub)
- 2 Tbsp
VANILLA WAFERS COOKIE CRUST
LEMON ICEBOX PIE FILLING
How to Make Favorite Lemon Icebox Pie
- 1MAKE THE COOKIE CRUST (OR USE READY MADE VANILLA WAFER OR GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST): Place wafers in a gallon sized ziplock bag and use rolling pin to crush cookies into crumbs. Add melted butter and knead. Press into bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill 30 mins. - 1 hour in refrigerator.
*NOTE: May use blender to make crumbs instead of rolling pin, if desired.
- 2LEMON ICEBOX PIE FILLING: In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Pour into prepared (chilled) pie crust. Place in refrigerator while preparing topping.
- 3MARSHMALLOW TOPPING: Mix together 2 cups of marshmallows and 2 tablespoons milk in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue microwaving an additional 30 seconds or until marshmallows are completely melted. Mix well. Refrigerate until cool (about 15 minutes.)
Fold in 1/2 tub of whipped topping and blend well. Spread on top of pie.
- 4Press whole wafers into the top sides around the pie. Place pie in refrigerator to chill until set about 3 hours. Enjoy!