Fabulous Key Lime Pie with Meringue!
1graham cracker crust, regular size.
1/2 cheavy cream, cold
1/2 clime juice
2 tspgrated lime zest
14 ozcan of sweetened condensed milk
3 largeegg yolks, reserve whites
4 largeegg whites
How to Make Fabulous Key Lime Pie with Meringue!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg yolks and condensed milk together. Then stir in lime juice, zest, and cream.
- Pour into a pie crust and bake for 30 minutes. Set your timer for 20 minutes. When your timer goes off, begin the following steps:
- Wisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- In a second bowl, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add the sugar mixture a LITTLE at a time to the egg whites, beating between additions. Continue until the sugar dissolves.
- hint:If the sugar does not dissolve properly, you will have little amber colored "drops" on top of the meringue. It's fine,it just not be what you are going for!
- By now the pie should be done,remove it and spoon meringue mixture on top, lightly "tapping" your spoon on covered pie to give a wispy look.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until top is a light golden brown. This pie is fabulous warm or cold!