Fabulous Key Lime Pie with Meringue!
- graham cracker crust, regular size.
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 1/2 c
- lime juice
- 2 tsp
- grated lime zest
- 14 oz
- can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large
- egg yolks, reserve whites
- 4 large
- egg whites
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 pinch
How to Make Fabulous Key Lime Pie with Meringue!
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix egg yolks and condensed milk together. Then stir in lime juice, zest, and cream.
- 3Pour into a pie crust and bake for 30 minutes. Set your timer for 20 minutes. When your timer goes off, begin the following steps:
- 4Wisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 5In a second bowl, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- 6Add the sugar mixture a LITTLE at a time to the egg whites, beating between additions. Continue until the sugar dissolves.
- 7hint:If the sugar does not dissolve properly, you will have little amber colored "drops" on top of the meringue. It's fine,it just not be what you are going for!
- 8By now the pie should be done,remove it and spoon meringue mixture on top, lightly "tapping" your spoon on covered pie to give a wispy look.
- 9Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until top is a light golden brown. This pie is fabulous warm or cold!