Extravagant Caramel and Chocolate Pie
Caramels have always been a favorite with me. I cut this pie in small slices because it is so rich. And the good thing is when I make it there are no left-overs. If there were I would probably eat them all by myself.
- chocolate crumb pie crust home made or purchased
- caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 c
- carnation evaporated milk
- 1 c
- whipping cream (not whipped)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, no substitute
- 1 pinch
- 1 1/2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans, optional
- whipped cream for garnish
How to Make Extravagant Caramel and Chocolate Pie
- 1Place caramels and evaporated milk in heavy pan over low-medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into pie shell. Set aside.
- 2In a clean heavy pan, heat whipping cream, butter, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in nuts. Pour over caramel mixture and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3Serve in small slices with whipped cream garnish.