Euorpean Apple Pie
How to Make Euorpean Apple Pie
- You will need a top and bottom crust.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. Peel, core and slice the apples. Mix them with cinnamon,2 tablespoons sugar . Set aside.
- Soften the marzipan with your hands, then add the sugar and soft butter. When you obtain a smooth cream.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and onto a floured surface. Divide it in half and return the other half to the fridge. Roll the dough into a flat circle and roll it out very thin to fit a greased pie dish. Spread the apple slices over the dough, then pour the marzipan mixture. Distribute evenly.
- Roll out the other half of the dough. Before covering the pie with it, wet the edges where the two crusts join in order to form a seal. Using your thumb and index finger, crimp them together. Make small cuts in the pastry for the steam to escape during baking.
- . Bake the pie in the oven at 350 for 60 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool down in the pie dish for about one hour, before transferring the pie to a serving plate.’