ELLEN'S CHERRY-CHOCOLATE PIE
Similar recipes all called for either chocolate or graham cracker crusts, but I wanted to stick with my mother's original pie crust. I like the combination with the chocolate.
1single deep-dish pie crust (frozen is okay)
1 smallpackage chocolate pudding and pie filling
1 can(s)cherry pie filling
·whipped cream or cool whip for garnish
How to Make ELLEN'S CHERRY-CHOCOLATE PIE
- Prepare pudding as directed on package (do not use instant). Cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour pudding into pre-baked pie shell. Chill for 3-4 hours.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over chilled pie, covering entire top of pie. Garnish with whipped cream as desired. Serve.
- Refrigerate any leftover portions.
- To prebake pie crust for a filled pie: Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork, covering well. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit and place into pie shell. Weigh the paper down with pie weights or about a pound of dry beans. Bake in a preheated 400º oven, directly on rack, for 10-15 minutes until edges are starting to brown. Remove from oven and remove the parchment paper and weights. Let crust cool before filling.