Election Day Lemonade Pie
- 1 pkg
- 4.6oz. vanilla cook and serve pudding mix
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 c
- 8oz. sour cream
- 1/3 c
- frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 6 Tbsp
- pie crust baked 9"
How to Make Election Day Lemonade Pie
- 1Place egg whites in a small mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile in a large saucepan, combine the pudding mix, milk and sour cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2Remove from the heat. Gradually whisk 1 cup hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, Gently stir in lemonade concentrate, keep warm.
- 3Add lemon juice, and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 4Pour warm filling into pie crust, Spread meringue over filling, sealing edges to crust. Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!