EGGNOG PIE w/a MACAROON CRUST..for SANTA ?
Nancy J. Patrykus
It was different and delicious!
And SANTA APPROVED!
When I seen this in the newspaper ad this week...I knew I had to share it with my friends.
I know she used a pre-made graham cracker crust, and it will go great with this recipe also.
- envelopes.. knox unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2-1/2 c
- prepared dairy eggnog
- 3 Tbsp
- rum...or rum flavoring
- 1 c
- whipping cream....1/2 pint...whipped
- 1/4 c
- grated semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped. ... *option: chopped nuts or candied fruit
- crumb bottom crust....baked
How to Make EGGNOG PIE w/a MACAROON CRUST..for SANTA ?
- 1In a medium saucepan, mix together gelatine, sugar and nutmeg,then blend in 1 cup of eggnog.
Let stand 1-2 minutes.
Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining eggnog and rum (or rum flavoring)
pour into a large bowl and chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds, slightly when dropped from a spoon.
Fold in whipped cream and chocolate.
Turn into a pre-pared, baked crust (of your choice) and chill until firm.
See crust recipe below.
When ready to serve...Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate curls, or grated chocolate.