★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 1/2 cwhole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3/4 cbutter, cold, cubed
10 Tbspwater, ice cold (give or take a few tablespoons)
FOR THE FILLING:
3/4 cheavy cream, cold
1 boxvanilla instant pudding
·chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
How to Make Eggnog Cream Pie
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir the whole wheat pastry flour, all purpose flour, sugar and salt together until combined.
- Stir in cold butter until it's the size of peas. With the mixer on low, stream in ice cold water by the tablespoons until dough starts coming together.
- It should be moist but not sticky. If you grab a few pieces and squeeze them in your hand they should stick together without leaving a residue on your hands.
- Form dough into two disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Recipe will make 2 pie crusts.
- When ready to make the pie crust, remove one disk of dough from the refrigerator and sit out for 10-15 minutes to make it easier to roll.
- Preheat oven to 400. Flour board and rolling pin and roll out dough to a large circle.
- Place in pie pan, cut off extra dough and scallop the top edges of the crust. Prick bottom of crust with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust looks dry and top edges are barely golden. Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, whip cream until soft peaks form. Set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Whisk eggnog, milk and instant vanilla pudding together until smooth.
- Let it thicken 3-5 minutes. Fold half the whipped cream into eggnog pudding and pour into cooled pie shell.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 plus hours. Make sure the whipped cream makes it back into the fridge too.
- When ready to serve, pipe whipped cream around edge of pie and top with chocolate shavings. Serve.