★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 1/2 c
- whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 c
- butter, cold, cubed
- 10 Tbsp
- water, ice cold (give or take a few tablespoons)
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 box
- vanilla instant pudding
- chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
FOR THE FILLING:
How to Make Eggnog Cream Pie
- 1In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir the whole wheat pastry flour, all purpose flour, sugar and salt together until combined.
- 2Stir in cold butter until it's the size of peas. With the mixer on low, stream in ice cold water by the tablespoons until dough starts coming together.
- 3It should be moist but not sticky. If you grab a few pieces and squeeze them in your hand they should stick together without leaving a residue on your hands.
- 4Form dough into two disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Recipe will make 2 pie crusts.
- 5When ready to make the pie crust, remove one disk of dough from the refrigerator and sit out for 10-15 minutes to make it easier to roll.
- 6Preheat oven to 400. Flour board and rolling pin and roll out dough to a large circle.
- 7Place in pie pan, cut off extra dough and scallop the top edges of the crust. Prick bottom of crust with a fork.
- 8Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust looks dry and top edges are barely golden. Set aside to cool.
- 9For the filling, whip cream until soft peaks form. Set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 10Whisk eggnog, milk and instant vanilla pudding together until smooth.
- 11Let it thicken 3-5 minutes. Fold half the whipped cream into eggnog pudding and pour into cooled pie shell.
- 12Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 plus hours. Make sure the whipped cream makes it back into the fridge too.
- 13When ready to serve, pipe whipped cream around edge of pie and top with chocolate shavings. Serve.