EASY Strawberry CRUMB PIE
Will post pictures very soon!! ;p
- pie crust recipe; search "buttery flakey pie crust"
- 2 can(s)
- strawberry pie filling
- 1 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick
- butter, no substitutes
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- "sugar in the raw" sugar cain (opt.)
How to Make EASY Strawberry CRUMB PIE
- 1Drain both cans of strawberries; set a colander on top of another bowl so excess juice can drain into the bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup strawberry juice.
- 2Make sure pie crust is prepared and set inside pie plate.
Evenly distribute strained strawberries into crust.
- 3In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup reserved juice, 1 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and vanilla.
Heat to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk; boil 2 min.
- 4Pour sugar mixture over the strawberries.
- 5In another bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter. Use a pasty cutter or fork to mix until pea sized balls form.
- 6Spread crumb mixture on top of the sugar mixture.
Top with "Sugar in the Raw" if you would like.
It gives it a nice sparkle; its good for looks.
- 7Bake 35-40mins at 425 degrees.
(I do recomend covering the crust with foil to avoid burning.)
Cool completely before serving.