Easy Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
"Cook" time is freezer time (although just suggested, I made mine and froze overnight). **This really CAN be modified with your favorite flavor ice cream and garnished accordingly to suit the Holiday or event. ;)
Egg Nog ice cream with crushed snickerdoodles, pumpkin ice cream at Thanksgiving with candied pecans and light caramel garnish, a nice peach or berry ice cream in spring or summer with fresh berries and drizzled white chocolate or caramel. Combinations are endless.....
- 2 large
- graham cracker pie crust, ready made (i do 1 regular and 1 chocolate, a keebler and an oreo)
- 1 3/4 qt
- dreyer's grand limited edition peppermint ice cream, softened (1 container)
- 16 oz
- cool whip topping
- candy cane roca, chocolate sauce, etc (garnish as desired)
How to Make Easy Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
- 1Soften ice cream on counter until "workable" (soft enough to stir in Cool Whip but not too liquid).
- 2Mix in full tub of Cool Whip- do not over blend as Cool Whip will become runny.
- 3Scoop half of mixture into each of 2 pie crusts.
- 4Smooth evenly in crust.
- 5Cover with lid, if available, or wrap.
- 6Place in freezer for at least 2 hours. (Could be less, I don't know as I always do ahead and leave them overnight).