Easy Mini Fruit Pies... store bought crust
The Mr loves apple pie.. He will not touch any berry pies...I love any kind of berry... cherry.. blueberry.. raspberry...etc.. so I solved the problem. By using pie crust cutouts to fit my muffin tins..We both get our pie.. this is a perfect little thank you for someone or a mini dessert for some elderly neighbors I cook for..I buy a few boxes of pie crust on sale during the holidays and freeze and make a few dozen pies at a time and freeze ... pop out defrost and slap a scoop of ice cream on top... get creative
- box store bought crust ( i like pillsbury) but any will do
- 1 can(s)
- pie filling
- 12ct muffin tin
How to Make Easy Mini Fruit Pies... store bought crust
- 1Take your box of pie crust out of the frige and let sit for 15-20 min...to take the chill off... do not unroll yet..if you try to unroll they will crack... just open the box and put them on the table
- 2unroll the pie crusts and begin cutout circles to fit your muffin pan.... I use a canning jar lid
spray you pan really well even the top.. this will help ease the pies out
- 3place your cut out pie circles in the well of pans.. slighly push down and and press against the sides.. place a spoon of filling and place another circle on top.. press down and to the sides make a few slits...I like to make a mix of lattice and 2 crusts.. struesel for the Mr's dutch apple pie mini pies... 1 can of pie filling and 1 box pie crust makes 12 mini pies...
- 4bake at 350 for about 25 min... or until brown..
Now let the pies cool completely before you attempt to take out of the pans.. if you spray with the pans really well you wont have any problems... if needed you can slide a butter knife around the side to release the pie...
- 5I make these for pot luck dinners for dessert.. and make a variety for everyone to enjoy