★★★★★ 1 vote5
- prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 8 oz
- cool whip, thawed
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- envelope 2 qt unsweetened kool-aid drink mix, any flavor
- optional fruit to match kool-aid flavor
- optional extra cool whip for topping.
How to Make Easy Kool-Aid Pie
- 1If using canned fruit or fruit in a jar, drain well. Place about 1/2 of the fruit in the bottom of the pie crust.
- 2With a mixer, mix the condensed milk, cool whip and envelope of kool-aid together.
- 3Spoon over the fruit in the pie crust. Spread evenly. Garnish with remaining fruit. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- 4Experiment with different fruits and kool-aids to achieve different flavors. I have used Black Cherry Kool-aid with Chocolate flavored cool whip and maraschino cherries. (Tastes like a chocolate covered cherry.)
I have also used orange kool-aid with Mandarin oranges, pink lemonade with candied lemon slices, lemon-lime with lemon and lime slices, strawberry with sliced strawberries, blue raspberry with fresh raspberries.
- 5You may want to use some extra cool whip for a topping as some color combinations are not the best looking. (The chocolate cool whip with the black cherry kool-aid makes a funky brownish-pink color.)
- 6For a lower calorie or fat content, use fat free sweetened condensed milk and fat free cool whip, or use sugar free cool whip. You will never notice the difference from full fat to fat free. I know I didn't.