Easy Custard Pie
How to Make Easy Custard Pie
- Heat oven to 450. If your oven tends to run a bit hot, cover the edges of the pie crust with strips of foil.
- Thoroughly mix eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Gradually add scalded milk; pour immediately into unbaked pie shell. (To avoid spills, fill at the oven. I always put foil underneath the pie just in case any filling boils over. Burned milk is a mess to clean up, and it smells awful!)
- Sprinkle top with as much nutmeg as you want. We like a lot!
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a table knife inserted 1" from the side of filling comes out clean. The filling may look a little bit soft, but it will set later.
- This pie is best served slightly warm with either Cool Whip or whipped cream on top; however, we love it cold with toppings, too.