Easy Chocolate Holiday Pie
Just pre-bake the pie shell, and omit the egg. Pour the filling into the shell and refrigerate until it is set. Serve with whipped cream and toppings as desired.
- pie crust shell, unbaked
- chocolate, unsweetened squares
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, cut in three pieces
- 1/8 tsp
- salt (or to taste)
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 tsp
- peppermint extract
- 3/4 c
- shredded coconut
- 1/2 c
- diced walnuts
- whipped cream
- shaved chocolate
- julienned fresh orange peel
- crushed peppermint sticks
How to Make Easy Chocolate Holiday Pie
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a 9-inch pie pan, create your favorite unbaked pie shell. I use a refrigerator crust.
- 3In a double boiler, or over gently rolling hot water, melt the butter and the chocolate together. Add the salt and stir as the chocolate and butter melt.
- 4Once the chocolate is melted, slowly add the sweetened condensed milk (still over the hot water to keep the chocolate melted), whisking it into the chocolate mix each time until it is all incorporated.
- 5Add the cream cheese in small pieces, whisking thoroughly to be sure it is completely incorporated into the chocolate mixture.
- 6Whisk in the peppermint extract to the chocolate mixture.
- 7Take the filling off the hot water. Stir in the coconut and walnuts until they are fully incorporated into the chocolate mixture.
- 8Break the egg over the filling and whisk into the filling until completely mixed in.
- 9Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- 10Put the pie into the oven. immediately turn the oven down to 325 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the filling is set.
Serve with whipped cream and julienned orange peel, or crushed peppermint sticks, or shaved chocolate, if desired.