Drunken Peach Pie
I also, built my pie in an unorthdox "pie pan"! I put the pre-made crust in a 9x9 glass pan. Gave it a little calisthentics prior, to encourage it to fit the bottom and reach to top edge of the sides.
When I am concocting, I don't do much measuring. So these are really rough guesstiments. Hope the recipe works out for you!
19x9 glass pan
2pre-made crust, room temp
~5freestone peaches, tennis ball sized, sliced
1/2 csifted flour
1/2 csifter powder sugar
1/4 c"butter pancake" syrup
2sprinkles of pumpkin pie spice (one for bottom crust and one for top crust)
1 Tbsppumpkin pie spice
·milk for coating top crust strips
1/2 craw sugar (large crystals) - reserve ~2tbsp for sprinkling on top crust
4strips of foil for edges of crust
How to Make Drunken Peach Pie
- Once the crusts are ready at room temperature, pre-heat oven to 425* F.
- Roll one of the crusts out. Holding the edges of the crust, turn the crust, letting it stretch itself by its own weight. If it starts to tear, you have let it hang in one place too long. Keep it moving around, until you have a circle big enough to fit aginst all inner edges of pan.
- Use your hands to push the crust into the corners and put pressure on the overlapping folds.
- Spinkle pumpkin pie spice on bottom of crust.
- Pour peaches in a big bowl. Add tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice, sugar and bourbon. Mix.
- Sift flour onto top of peaches. Sift powdered sugar onto top of peaches. Squeeze or pour syrup onto top and mix.