★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pastry shell, deep dish, 9
- 3 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- chocolate sq, unsweetened, melted (1oz ea sq)
- 1/4 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 can(s)
- eagle brand condensed milk (14oz)
- 1/2 c
- almonds, slivered
- 3 Tbsp
- amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 stick
- butter or margerine, unsalted
How to Make Drema's "Chocolate Amaretto" Pie
- 1Prehead oven to 350 degrees F. Prick crust and bake for about 10 minutes. Cool. Set aside.
- 2In top of double boiler, melt butter and chocolate till smooth.
- 3In large mixing bowl combine and beat softened cream cheese, melted chocolate and salt till smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add in condensed milk and stir until smooth. Stir in amaretto gently.
- 4Pour into prepared deep dish pie crust, sprinkle almond slivers on top and bake approximately 35 minutes. Cool and garnish if desired with whipped topping and chocolate curls.