Dina's Famous Pumpkin Pie
My sister, Nadine, made this one Thanksgiving and every one loved it. It has a different crust and it tends to stick a bit to the pan, so be sure to grease the pan, with butter or cooking spray. This pie is a real winner.
- oat crust:
- 2 cups quick quaker oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 pkg (6 serving size) vanilla pudding mix not instant
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 t. each ginger and cinnamon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk, 13 oz
How to Make Dina's Famous Pumpkin Pie
- 1For the crust,Melt butter in large pan. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Remove 1/2 cup
for topping. Firmly press mixture on sides and bottom of pie plate. (Dina
doesn't say to do this, but I buttered my pie plate, as the oat crust can
sometimes be difficult to remove). Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool before
- 2For filling,Mix sugar, spices, pumpkin, dry pudding and mix well. Add evaporated milk; mix
thoroughly. Cook until it boils, about 10 minutes. Bring to full bubbling boil.
Cool for 10 minutes. Stir. Pour into shell. Refrigerate several hours. Garnish
with cool whip and reserved topping.