Diabetic Pocket Fruit Pies
Makes 4 servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 36.7 g
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
Sugars 7.3 g
Total Fat 3.8 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Unsaturated Fat 2.9 g
Potassium 76.9 mg
Protein 4.9 g
Sodium 315.8 mg
1/4 Fruit, 1/4 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Starch
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4tortilla, flour, 7" to 8"
2medium peaches (or pears, or apples)
1/4 tspground cinnamon
2 Tbspbrown sugar
1/8 tspground nutmeg
2 Tbspfat free milk
How to Make Diabetic Pocket Fruit Pies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Warm tortillas in microwave or oven to make them easier to handle.
- Peel and chop fruit into pieces
- Place 1/4 of the fruit on half of each tortilla
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Roll up the tortillas, starting at the end with the fruit.
- Place on an un-greased baking sheet and make small slashes to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve warm or cool.