Diabetic Apple Pie; from a friend...(Cin)
She knows I am a diabetic and always on the lookout for sweets I can eat.
I have not made it yet so I do not have a pic of it to post.
But, I think you know what an apple pie looks like anyway..=;D
- apples; peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 can(s)
- (6oz) frozen apple juice
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
2 PIE CRUSTS; HOMEMADE OR PILLSBURY
How to Make Diabetic Apple Pie; from a friend...(Cin)
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
Place one pie crust in a pie plate and put apple slices in the pie shell.
- 2Put apple juice into a sauce pan, cook juice to boil.
- 3Dissolved cornstarch in water, add to juice and cook until thickened.
- 4Sprinkle cinnamon on apples and dot with butter.
- 5Pour thickened juice over apples and cover with second crust.
- 6Bake in 450° hot oven for 10 min's; then reduced heat to 350° and bake 35-to-45 min's more.