★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 pkgcrescent dinner rolls
4 largecans of veg-all vegetable mix
8 ozsharp cheddar cheese
8 ozmozzarella cheese
1-2 lbpre-cooked and seasoned turkey breast
2 largeheaping tblsp of duke's mayonaise
·salt and pepper to taste
·garlic powder (optional) to taste
·onion powder to taste
2 largesweet onions (optional) i love to add
How to Make Dennis Family's Chicken Pot Pie
- In a LARGE microwavable bowl, cut up your turkey breast into bite size pieces.
- Also, cut up your two cheeses into bite size pieces and place in your bowl with turkey.
- Open your two large cans of Veg-all, pour off the juice and place in your large bowl with the turkey and cheese.
- If adding the onions, (you can cook them with bacon bits for a twist) cut them up in small pieces and add to the mixture
- Add two heaping spoons full of Duke's Mayo (you can add more if needed)
I have also added a can of cream of chicken soup for a change or even a tbsp of D'Jon mustard for a variation (It changes the basic and gives it a twist of taste. You could even use a Tbsp of Spicy mustard. You can even add a Tbsp of sugar to taste as well. Just do what your family likes.
- Everything is already cooked, but I usually add this mixture in the microwave until the cheese has started to melt,
- While in the Microwave, spray a large oven proof casserole dish with "Pam," then pour the mixture in the dish, cover the top with your Crescent Dinner Rolls, bake until cheese bubbles and dinner rolls are browned (No more than 30 min.) Keep watch so that the dinner rolls aren't too brown.
- Serve with a salad!
I have prepared all the different variations and my family loves it anyway that I prepare it. GREAT for holiday meal for a crowd or on a cold winters day.