Delicious Banana Cream Pie
- 9 in baked pie crust, or graham cracker crust ( baked)
- 2/3 c
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 2 - 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 1 - 2 large
- bananas, peeled, and sliced
- egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract or could use banana extract if wanting a banana flavored pudding
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 - 2 banana's, cool whip for decorating ( optional )
- lemon juice for dipping banana's if decorating
How to Make Delicious Banana Cream Pie
- 1Prepare a 9 inch pie crust or Graham cracker crust.
Graham Cracker Crust: 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (18 crackers)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Heat oven to 350º F. In a small mixing bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press crumbs firmly against the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Cool.
- 4Gradually add egg yolks. Continue to whisk filling mixture constantly while bringing to a boil again. Boil for 1 minute.
- 7Then, pour filling into pie crust. If desired, garnish with additional bananas and whipped topping.
Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Other ideas I have used with this pie. Drizzle a layer chocolate ganache on crust before layer of banana's. I have also drizzled chocolate ice cream topping on the top of the pie, over the banana's and whipped topping.