How to Make Deep-Dish Strawberry Pie
- Combine sugar with flour and salt.
- Toss lightly with the berries.
- Fill a 1-quart baking dish with the fruit mixture and dot with butter.
- Top with the pastry which has been rolled out on pastry cloth to size 1" larger all around than top of baking dish.
- Fold edges of pastry under and press firmly to rim of dish.
- Flute edges and cut gashes in pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Serve slightly warm with plain or whipped cream.