How to Make Deep-Dish Strawberry Pie
- 1Combine sugar with flour and salt.
- 2Toss lightly with the berries.
- 3Fill a 1-quart baking dish with the fruit mixture and dot with butter.
- 4Top with the pastry which has been rolled out on pastry cloth to size 1" larger all around than top of baking dish.
- 5Fold edges of pastry under and press firmly to rim of dish.
- 6Flute edges and cut gashes in pastry to allow steam to escape.
- 7Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.
- 8Serve slightly warm with plain or whipped cream.