DEEP-DISH PEAR/CRANBERRY PIE
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1/4 tspground ginger
6 mediumpears cored and sliced
1 cfresh or thawed frozen cranberries
1refrigerated pie crust, top crust only
How to Make DEEP-DISH PEAR/CRANBERRY PIE
- In a very large bowl combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and ginger. Add pear slices and cranberries; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish or casserole.
- Roll out the pastry dough and place on top of baking dish. Crimp edges and make slits in top. May brush top of crust with a little milk and sprinkle with some sugar.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven, uncovered, for 55 to 60 minutes or until pear mixture is bubbly.
- Cool pie about 30 minutes and serve warm.